You find fulfillment in growing and managing a team, have a passion for free and open societies, and are craving the opportunity to engage others about the impact of ideas. If this is how you describe yourself, this is the ideal role for you to maximize your impact and take your career to the next level.
The educational partnerships team is a fast-moving group of driven individuals who believe in the power of ideas to impact the opportunities and growth of others. This team has worked on exciting partnerships in education and are rapidly scaling to provide all students access to a quality education. One that helps them develop the values, knowledge, and skills necessary to lead a life of fulfillment. In our efforts to scale, we need an experienced team leader to drive and build team culture connected to principles of Market Based Management® to optimize the team approach to the growing portfolio of educational programs. There is also the opportunity for the role to include support of grant relationships and the identification and recommendation of new programs opportunities.
Your responsibilities include:
– Supervise a growing, dynamic team of 4-5
– Optimize division of labor and make recommendations regarding team professional development and hiring
– Connect the team to organizational vision and work to enable team members to elevate and grow the educational partnerships portfolio
– Strong potential to develop and support a portfolio of grant partnerships
– Work closely with program leadership to ensure that outcomes meet stakeholder needs
– Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer goals
– Proactively communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and internal sponsors
– Measure time and resources used for projects and communicate that measurement to stakeholders
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
– 5+ years of team building and supervisory experience, experience in a grant-making environment preferred
– Strong understanding of and excitement for the ideas of free and open societies
– Demonstrated success and interest in supervising a team and managing their professional development
– Excellent communication and coalition-building skills
– Ability to write and present informatively, while matching the style to meet various audience needs
– Humility, integrity, and professionalism
– Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency
All candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample.
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation