You are recognized as a trusted leader with a reputation as a best-in-class mentor and coach. You are most fulfilled when you see your team exceeding goals and being empowered to do their best work. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
The university investments team is a core component of the Foundation’s efforts to support university-based research centers and other academic opportunities exploring the ideas of a free society. This team is made up of high-impact, critical thinkers passionate about our vision. We are looking for a leader to match them in drive and initiative—someone who can challenge them to be the most impactful versions of themselves, proactively align their activities to those that create the most value, and be a strong partner in their professional development.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a proven ability to develop exceedingly effective teams and lead a highly-integrated capability. If this sounds like you and you are ready to take the next step in your growing career, then you can be a key driver of our team and organizational success.
Your responsibilities include:
• Provide direct supervision, dedicated mentoring, and coaching to a dynamic team of 6-8
• Identify team best practices and improve upon internal systems with an experienced eye towards growth
• Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools they need to be successful, and that their activities align with strategy as well as their individual strengths and abilities
• Work closely with the Director to report on team activities and proactively communicate progress and challenges
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
• 7+ years of strategic leadership, team building and supervisory experience
• Demonstrated success and interest in supervising a team, supporting their professional development, and forecasting for future growth
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to apply these skills in coalition building across internal teams
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and high sense of urgency
• A passion for and understanding of the principles of classical liberalism
• Bachelor’s degree
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute is an educational organization focused on the importance of free societies and how they increase well-being for the overwhelming majority of people. Through the Institute’s professional education, research, and training programs, we work to prepare professionals for careers that improve well-being by advancing free societies.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation