Posted May 04
National Taxpayers Union and Foundation (NTU/NTUF) is seeking college seniors or recent graduates for an immediate opening in the communications department. The Communications Associate is a full-time, entry level position who works directly with the Director of Communications on a variety of projects and goals for the communications department. Research requests, identifying placement opportunities, pitching media, and editing will be a big part of this role.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
● Preparing communications reports, tracking social media engagement and developing content for social media platforms
● Assisting the communications department in monitoring and researching news relevant to NTU issues
● Providing a creative perspective on how to use content with different audiences
● Taking initiative with research projects and media list maintenance
● Creating graphics to share on social media/illustrate written products such as papers and Hill handouts
● Amplifying allied organizations activities and messaging keeping in line with NTU perspective and position
● Representing NTU/NTUF on coalition communication activities to ensure message coordination on key issues
● Assisting in generating new ideas for outreach and creating new media style products (memes, gifs, lists)
● Generating quick responses to news articles and statements to inject NTU message into the conversation
● Creating and maintaining basic talking points as relevant to specific varied audiences on current NTU issues; and
● Assisting with event planning and execution.
Founded in 1969, National Taxpayers Union proudly serves as the “Voice of America’s Taxpayers,” fighting to ensure that all Americans are able to pursue their dreams without the heavy hand of government holding them back. NTU is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit, nonpartisan citizen group whose members work every day for lower taxes and smaller government at all levels. Our partner organization National Taxpayers Union Foundation is a non-partisan research and educational organization dedicated to showing Americans how taxes, government spending, and regulations affect them.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples with “Communications Associate” as the subject. No phone calls, please. Only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted. NTU, a 501 (c)(4) organization, and NTUF, a 501 (c)(3) organization, are equal opportunity employers.