The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a Content Manager to support a growing community of university scholars across the country in advancing a better understanding of the principles of classic liberal ideas--including a free and open society, free speech and open inquiry--and helping them to flourish on college campuses.
This role is a mid-level position who will supervise and mentor the content and creative team, assign projects and work with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to complete projects, and meet business goals. The position will be reporting to the Senior Director of Communications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in writing for both web and print, understand the basics of graphic design, and have supervisory experience. This position will need to adhere to deadlines while still being flexible when working with cross-functional teams. Ultimately, the candidate should be able to oversee content initiatives to ensure audience engagement, brand consistency and a positive audience experience.
· Collaborate with Marketing team members on project parameters and content needs assessment
· Coordinate and assign projects to content and creative team members
· Create and publish engaging content
· Edit, proofread and improve written content
· Assist in acting as brand watchdog to ensure brand consistency
· Optimize content according to SEO
· Monitor user engagement metrics to help identify content that resonates with audience segments
· Maintain an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
· Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright)
· Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
The ideal candidate will:
· Possess a willingness to mentor junior team members in content development
· Have strong understanding of the English language
· Knowledge of graphic design and the associated workflows
· Detail oriented, keen eye for brand consistency
· Openness to working with teams
· Project management skills
· Competency in Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of Classical Liberal/Libertarian ideas is a plus
Position Requirements and Preferences
· Minimum of 5 years professional experience in similar role.
· Relevant degree in marketing, communication, or other appropriate field.
· Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Founded in 1961, IHS is a nonprofit educational organization that works with college students and professors around the country to advance understanding of the principles of a free and open society. IHS offers educational programs, scholarships, mentoring, and faculty-development support that help college students and professors contribute to a freer, more prosperous, and more humane world.
IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation