The Institute for Justice—the National Law Firm for Liberty—seeks a detail-oriented professional to join our team and fill the role of Development Assistant. The position helps administer the Institute for Justice’s direct response fundraising and marketing via mail and the Internet. The job is ideal for anyone interested in a career in development as it offers a wide variety of experience and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly productive development team as it raises the Institute’s $25 million annual budget.
- Process and acknowledge donations daily, personalizing where appropriate to increase the donors’ connection to IJ
- Draft and send responses to donor inquiries
- Manage IJ’s matching gifts program
-Produce and manage in-house donor mailings
- Perform various administrative tasks related to our communications with IJ’s donors
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to producing error-free work
- Related experience; familiarity with Salesforce; and an interest in free market and limited government principles are plusses
To apply, please visit the employment opportunities page on IJ's website.
The Institute for Justice offers a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a retirement savings plan, as well as the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment.
No phone calls, please.