Posted Sep 13
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of New York, NY apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from New York, NY.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
The Children's Scholarship Fund (CSF), a non-profit organization based in New York City that works to advance parental choice in education, is seeking an entry-level Development Assistant to join our team. This position is based in New York City, and the job description is below.
Position: CSF seeks a person who shares our passion for empowering all parents to be able to choose the school that will best meets their children’s needs to join our team as a Development Assistant. The ideal candidate for this entry-level position is a focused, detail-oriented, motivated, and dynamic individual with excellent computer, office, and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to learn fundraising as part of a small, passionate and talented team and be part of an office culture characterized by high standards and strong team collaboration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing our donor database, including data and gift entry in Raiser's Edge, processing written donor acknowledgements, following up on returned mail and address/contact information updates, and running queries and reports as needed;
- Maintaining donor files and internal systems to track, monitor and report on all aspects of fundraising operations;
- Assisting with donor communications, research, and materials, including but not limited to appeal letters, correspondence, acknowledgements, meeting requests, donor packets, prospect research, and foundation reports;
- Assisting with event management and meetings/activities of the CSF Board, President’s Council, Young Leaders Board and Alumni Board;
- Assisting CSF’s President, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Development, and Director of Communications with general day-to-day operations including scheduling, travel, mailings, filing and administrative matters;
- Assisting with coordinating school visits and volunteer opportunities for donors;
- Assisting with social media.
Qualifications and skills: The Development Assistant will report directly to the Director of Communications and Vice President of Strategic Planning and Development. He or she must possess the following skills:
- Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; Raiser’s Edge, Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Professional office experience
- Strong desire to produce results; conviction that fundraising is critical to mission fulfillment
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple ongoing projects with close attention to detail
- High level of productivity with demonstrated follow-through and success in managing multiple ongoing projects
- Proactive problem solver and a self-starter with the ability to work individually and on a team
- Flexibility to pitch in and help on special projects as needed
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter, including start date availability and salary requirements. No calls or walk-ins, please.