The Seminar Network builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to advance a free and open society.
We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees. Ten Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action form the MBM® culture: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect, and Fulfillment.
The Seminar Network is currently seeking a Development Intern. This position will focus on working with current and prospective member research.
Provide administrative and research (quantitative and qualitative) support to the Development Team’s prospect and donor research efforts:
• Provide administrative and research (quantitative and qualitative) support to the Development Team’s prospect and donor research efforts:
o Perform daily internet and/or Wealth Engine, Donor Search and Foundation Center searches in order to complete donor profiles on high net worth wealth individuals and prospective donors
o Use additional online services, online research tools, periodicals, business publications and other tools to draft in-depth research profiles on individuals
o Compile and review legal or financial documents, contact information, and other related information
o Verify and maintain accurate and useful donor information for identified major donors or prospects
o Investigate new potential member leads, identify connections, and develop new information on TSN’s existing supporters
o Write organized reports on prospective and current members
o Update previously completed donor profiles
o Maintain records, both electronic and hard copy, of donor profiles and manage database of contacts to ensure accurate and consistent information is being captured
• Identify new research techniques, strategies, and sources and facilitate good development practices that will support TSN’s gifts programs and overall campaign success
• Assist with inter-team communications and knowledge sharing
• High degree of attention to detail and organization
• Ability to take initiative, collaborate, and work independently
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with and commitment to free-market principles
• High degree of discretion
• Proficiency with Microsoft suite
• Salesforce or CRM experience preferred
• Strong analytic problem-solving ability
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• College-level experience or relevant years of work experience preferred
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation