Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks a digital communications manager for immediate hire. MSLF is poised for significant expansion. A key to our expansion plan is communicating our mission and values—telling the compelling stories of our clients through every means possible to help Americans understand how and why our litigation changes people’s lives. This digital communications manager will become a critical part of MSLF’s team and should possess the passion, commitment, and strategic vision needed to drive our mission to new heights.
The digital communications manager will enhance MSLF’s digital communication efforts, focusing on building an engaged community across social media, the MSLF website, email communications, and the media with creative and compelling content. This position is an excellent opportunity for an up-and-coming, entrepreneurial and liberty-minded individual who wants to engage directly with the operations and efforts of an active and growing public interest legal foundation. The ideal candidate will be mission-oriented, flexible, proactive, positive, and possess a high degree of personal accountability. This position will report to MSLF’s executive vice president, and work in collaboration with MSLF’s communications and development staff.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Draft press releases, advisories, talking points, blog content, and other written products that advance the goals of the organization through increased and more effective external communications.
* Contribute to a media database for key reporters, editors, producers, and other important contacts, making sure existing network of media contacts at national and local levels for both print and broadcast are maintained.
* Contribute to MSLF’s social media goals by executing a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
* Design and execute campaigns across various social channels—including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.—crafting platform-specific copy in MSLF’s voice and tone.
* Curate content and help inform the content strategy by relentlessly consuming news, court activity, and policy research that coincides with MSLF’s legal activity.
* Coordinate with our web staff to optimize MSLF’s website and associated campaigns, manage execution of organic search strategies, perform regular site audits, keyword research, optimize onsite content and report SEO performance.
*Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of the impact of marketing strategies on user behavior.
*Collaborate in preparing fundraising and marketing materials and grant applications.