Where you’ll work: Ayn Rand Institute Headquarters, Irvine, CA
What you’ll be called: Director of Development Operations
Who are we looking for?
Imagine working for an organization that advocates a culture of reason, individualism and laissez-faire capitalism; that fights for the ideas that make freedom and happiness possible. The Ayn Rand Institute (ARI), whose mission it is to advance that reality every day, seeks a Director of Development Operations to take fundraising to the next level by significantly expanding our donor base. The ideal candidate is an analytics guru who can evaluate and interpret data research to drive department goals.
What We Need
An independent-minded, quick-thinking leader of people who loves database management and has a proven track record of building client relationships. As ARI’s Director of Development Ops, you’ll play a pivotal role in refining the way we communicate to donors and prospects.
• You can manage prospect research, fundraising database (CRM) and tracking systems, marketing automation solutions and other development tools in your sleep.
• You welcome the opportunity to meet prospective donors and supporters on a regular basis.
• You’re inspired to manage and mentor a team and rally them behind the goal of meeting, or even exceeding, annual fundraising goals.
• You’re comfortable meeting with high net-worth individuals as well as corporations and private foundations.
• You have a long list of ideas about how to increase donor involvement, loyalty and commitment, resulting in higher contributions.
• You’re a creative thinker who can identify, develop and implement strategies to cultivate new sources of financial support.
• You love to talk. You have no problem making public appearances and are comfortable speaking in front of large groups to communicate ARI’s priorities and objectives.
• You’re a natural-born leader who will happily provide guidance and support to senior management, including ARI executives and Board of Directors.
• You work well with others and seek out Marketing and other subject matter experts to develop and implement effective outreach campaigns.
• You have a four-year university degree, preferably in business or marketing.
Our Employer Brand
ARI is full of highly intelligent and passionate specialists and generalists who work hard to build awareness of Ayn Rand and her ideas among the general public, students, educators, scholars and political influencers. The professionals on ARI’s marketing and development team, with whom you would be working closely, build connections through outreach, networking and partnerships with like-minded individuals and organizations. Our ambitious goals are balanced with a business culture that welcomes a purposeful yet relaxed approach to work and fun. Ideally, you live in or around Irvine, California, and can regularly hit the road to meet with all levels of donors and prospects.
If promoting freedom sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, please tell us about yourself. Qualified candidates can apply by submitting the following in one PDF file, with your name in the file, to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter or video file detailing why you think you would be a good fit for this role; please include your salary requirements.