Director of Finance & Administration
Posted Mar 01
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking an experienced Director of Finance & Administration to oversee all financial and administrative aspects of the foundation. Namely, this person will work with our senior leadership to drive the foundation’s financial strategy and planning. This position will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks related to finance/accounting and HR. Most importantly, the person we are looking for will be a servant leader, a strategic thinker, and a “doer” who is motivated by the Foundation’s mission and entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities and duties include:
Finance & Accounting
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee the annual audit and tax filings and liaise with the Board and the auditors as necessary
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems
• Manage and prepare the annual budget in consultation with leadership
• Assist Development team with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
• Oversee the bookkeeping functions including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, etc.
• Assist the Chief Operating Officer with financial reporting as required for Board meetings and Annual Report
• Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
Human Resources & Administration
• Manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
• Advise the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board
• Oversee and supervise all administrative functions and employees of the organization
• Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, etc.) and all regulations to ensure that the organization remains compliant
• BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MS/MA and/or a CPA designation is a plus
• Proven experience as Director of Finance or similar role
• In-depth knowledge of nonprofit finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
• A servant leader with previous management experience
• Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. QBO)
• An analytical mind with a strategic ability
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the Attorney who takes the position. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
Greg Sindelar, Chief Operating Officer
administration at texaspolicy.com
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.