Director of Social Media
Posted Feb 19
Description: The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a Director of Social Media for immediate hire. This position will lead TPPF’s digital communication efforts, focusing on building an engaged community across social media with creative and compelling content. This position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and liberty-minded individual who want to engage directly with the operations and efforts of an active communications shop. The ideal candidate will be flexible, entrepreneurial, proactive, positive, possess a high degree of personal accountability, and be mission-focused. This position will report to TPPF’s director of communications and will be based in Austin, TX.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Facilitate conversations, increase engagement and drive advocacy across the digital space for TPPF
• Design and execute campaigns across various social channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Craft platform-specific copy in TPPF’s voice and tone.
• Curate content and help inform the content strategy by relentlessly consuming news and policy research.
• Operate and optimize TPPF website and associated campaigns.
• Identify and engage advocates and influencers within various communities.
• Increase donors and advocates by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead-generation content.
• Develop email marketing strategies to increase engagement and conversions across various audience segments.
• Strategically segment users for targeted email marketing sends and leverage audience data to personalize the email experience.
• Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of marketing strategies on user behavior.
• Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization to understand how inbound marketing activity turns users into donors and advocates and continually refine the process to reduce costs and increase conversions.
• Implement and analyze A/B or multi-variate tests to offer insight to the marketing, government affairs and development teams.
• Manage execution of organic search strategies, perform regular site audits, keyword research, optimize onsite content and report SEO performance.
• Keep up to date with social and digital best practices and strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications and/or journalism preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in public policy or political digital communications
• Deep understanding of social networks including design, functionality, metrics, and users
• Deep knowledge of Facebook Insights, Twitter and Google Analytics, and other measurement tools
• Strong graphic design skills in Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient in Excel
• Willingness to learn web-based platforms
• Familiarity with HTML, WordPress, and all social media platforms
• Knowledge of principles of SEO
• Detail oriented and creative