Teams benefiting from your leadership run like a symphony orchestra, each exceptional individual making a unique contribution to the overall harmony of the group. You do this by bringing together disparate knowledge flows and weaving them into a melodic narrative that positions your team to make better business decisions and be strategic partners.
Our development team is a core component of the Foundation’s efforts to support university-based research centers and other academic opportunities exploring the ideas of a free society. This team serves as the bridge between the organization and some of today’s greatest philanthropists, and is made up of highly strategic thinkers passionate about connecting mission-aligned partners to meaningful philanthropic opportunities.
We are looking for a leader to match our team in passion and who can challenge them to be the most impactful versions of themselves, proactively align their activities to those that create the most value, and be a strong partner in their professional development.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to bring your career to a mission that matters, then we want you to be a key driver of our success. Join us.
Your responsibilities include:
• Provide direct supervision, dedicated mentoring, and coaching to a dynamic team of 6-8
• Identify team best practices and improve upon internal knowledge management systems with an experienced eye towards growth
• Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools they need to be successful, and that their activities align with strategy as well as their individual strengths and abilities
• Work closely with the Vice President to report on team activities and proactively communicate progress and challenges
• Liaise between internal and external stakeholders to drive knowledge sharing and coordinate activities where needed
• Coordinate preparation for high-value meetings and events
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
• 7+ years of strategic leadership with demonstrated success and interest in supervising a team, supporting their professional development, and forecasting for future growth
• Proven ability to build, manage, and improve upon team practices and knowledge management
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to apply these skills in coalition building across internal teams
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and high sense of urgency
• A passion for and understanding of the principles of classical liberalism
• Bachelor’s degree
Standout candidates will also bring:
• Experience in a development, fundraising, or grant-making environment
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and the Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free and open society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and mutual benefit. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation