Stand Together unleashes the power of community to solve our country’s toughest problems and help people improve their lives. We identify, support, and celebrate community-based organizations applying effective solutions to the driving causes of poverty. Through targeting programming, training, and organizational development, and we provide the resources and tools necessary for these catalysts for social change to grow, scale, and replicate their impact across the country.
The marketing and communications team will weave a powerful narrative behind the organization’s investment decisions and position Stand Together as a leader in the non-profit and social impact communities, as well as build an effective story-telling capability to engage the American people to join the cause.
Stand Together is currently seeking a Director of Strategic Communications who will be responsible for the coordination, development, and execution of internal and external communications. The ideal candidate will be a strategic driver with a track record of success in public and media relations.
The Market-Based Management® philosophy at Stand Together creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create. We expect this individual to both model and share these principles internally and with our partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, implement and maintain a communications strategy that aligns with the overall strategy, goals and objectives of the
• Serves as a liaison for members of the press and outside organizations
• Manages responses to all media-related inquiries, preparation of media articles and ensures message consistency
• Develops and maintains a consistent internal communication structure that ensures employees stay informed about all relevant
aspects of the organization
• Serve as liaison with grantees to collaborate on communication strategies for specific programs and investments
• Serves as managing editor of a broad range of internal communications
• Develops communication plans and directly manages communication activities that promote, enhance and protect the
organization’s brand reputation Maintains an ongoing editorial calendar that identifies topics with the target press that the
organization can speak to and leverage
• Determines appropriate communications outlets and styles to deliver messages based on the target audience (to include
broadcast media like radio, TV, videos for YouTube, etc.)
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in communications or related field
• Superior writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to proactively seek out and respond to media inquiries from traditional and non-traditional media resources including
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of communications, public relations, business or management
Diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps our drive success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation