Stand Together unleashes the power of community to solve our country’s toughest problems and help people improve their lives. We identify, support, and celebrate community-based organizations applying effective solutions to the driving causes of poverty. Through targeting programming, training, and organizational development we provide the resources and tools necessary for these catalysts for social change to grow, scale, and replicate their impact across the country.
Are you interested in creating and developing content on behalf of an organization? As a Donor Communications Manager, you will drive our donor communications strategy by creating communications ideas from conception to delivery. The Manager will also serve as the principal writer and editor for a variety of donor communications, including promotional materials, opportunity summaries, stewardship reports, individual proposals and other correspondence. The ideal candidate will specialize in writing and editing and will contribute to donor, marketing, internal communications and other projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage development and donor communications projects from inception through delivery
• Write and edit communications designed for external and internal audiences to demonstrate the goals and impact of programming and strategy
• Identify and fill gaps in communications strategies
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure accuracy in communications materials and proactively identify ways to improve overall engagement with external donor partners
• Prepare and coordinate executive communications for panels, speeches and press opportunities as needed
• 5+ years of related experience in communications or marketing, including demonstrated knowledge of correspondence, presentation development, marketing materials, and reports
• 3+ years in communications related to donor relations, development or business development preferred
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerPoint, Keynote a plus
• High sense of urgency and manage several concurrent projects to completion, while meeting deadlines
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Ability to easily change writing styles to fit the audience and voice of the piece
• Ability to organize information for effective presentation in publications, web sites, and other media
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and professionalism
• Desire to work in a collaborative environment
Candidates may be asked to submit a writing sample.
Diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps our drive success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation