The Conservative Book Club (CBC), a division of Salem Media Group, is seeking an Editor-in-Chief to oversee all aspects of editorial, marketing, membership, and general operations. The Editor-in-Chief will lead an enthusiastic team of employees to help increase the profile and profitability of the club.
The Conservative Book Club was launched in 1964 and is the largest community of conservative political book lovers in the country with over 700K members. CBC offers members a website community, daily eletter and large social media platform to learn about newly released and upcoming conservative books, to read original book reviews and author interviews, to keep up on daily breaking news of interest to conservative readers, and to learn the results of the weekly, nationally-recognized Conservative Book Bestseller List, created by CBC in partnership with The Mike Gallagher Radio Show.
• Provide short-term and long-term strategic planning;
• Oversee editorial team and direct curation of CBC website, social media content, and daily e-newsletter to increase overall SEO and web traffic;
• Conduct audio and print author interviews;
• Oversee marketing team to develop and implement initiatives to increase club membership and engagement;
• Cultivate relationships with CBC advertisers for repeat and new business;
• Serve as club spokesperson for media and groups, and lead external relations efforts at industry conferences and events;
• General operational and administrative management of the club
PREFERRED BACKGROUND & SKILLS:
• Experience managing writers and marketers;
• Experience in publishing, journalism and/or web editing;
• Working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube;
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, business, advertising, marketing, political science, or a related field;
• Activism in conservative politics/conservative movement;
• Entrepreneurial spirit;
• Personable, motivated, team player, and ability to lead a team and foster ingenuity
The position offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, and a rewarding work environment. Our wages are competitive. We offer training, good work/life balance, and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
Our office is located on Capitol Hill at 300 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20001, and is conveniently located within walking distance of the Judiciary Square and Union Station metro stops (red line).
If interested in the position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com