Job Summary: The Events Marketing Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, is responsible for creating and managing marketing plans for several events of varying size each year. The events marketing coordinator will oversee the creation of all print and digital promotional materials for events. This includes creating and managing the marketing calendar, planning the direction and design concept of the marketing campaign, commissioning graphic designers and reviewing their work, reviewing and segmenting outreach lists, assembling in-house mailings, and coordinating with vendors for mailings completed through a mail house. The events marketing coordinator will update and maintain event website content and draft participant materials for distribution. In addition, the event marketing coordinator will provide staffing support and assist with onsite event execution for events as assigned.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as direct project manager for event marketing plan and execution.
• Design, project manage and execute the overall marketing campaign to include, but not limited to: message development; collateral design production; mailing schedules; mailing list segmentations; print and digital advertising campaigns; e-mail marketing; outsourcing of projects with vendors; and vendor selection.
• Create and maintain event websites
• Write, design, and execute e-mail blasts to fulfill e-mail campaigns for each event using provided e-mail service provider.
• Produce mail projects include brochures, postcards, flyers, and direct mail letters.
• Draft marketing copy and edit materials related to each marketing initiative.
• Interact with outside designers, review designs and layouts from graphic designers, provide creative direction, and facilitate internal routing of designs for approval.
• Manage print buying and interface with mail house vendors.
• Ensure that marketing pieces are completed on time and within the established budget
• Ensure proper event follow-up including surveys, thank you notes, website updates, and attendee and speaker communication.
• Manage and maintain event information in the organization’s app platform
• Oversee organizational use of online project management software.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Communications or Marketing.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including the ability to write compelling copy. Knowledge of standard concepts and best practices, including branding, message development, design, and positioning strategies.
• Experience managing projects and timelines.
• Computer: Strong computer skills; excellent command of MS Office, Outlook, CRM database, HTML and CSS.
• Experience with Constant Contact, Expression Engine, and Word Press.
• Experience with contract bidding and negotiations with outside vendors.
• Understand and support The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and vision
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Exceptional editing and proofreading skills, including the ability to write compelling copy
• Knowledge of standard concepts and best practices, including journalistic new style, branding, design, and positioning strategies
• Ability to communicate and collaborate well with different departments of the organization
• Strong attention to details and highly organized
• High standard of honesty and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Requires a customer-service focused personality, suited to collaborating closely with professional colleagues and outside vendors and to working with highly successful business leaders and philanthropists
• Enjoy working in cyclical working environment
• Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, a self-starter, excel at multitasking
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects, adhering to tight deadlines and balancing a heavy workload
• Knowledge of USPS system and guidelines is a plus