This temporary position will run from April 13 – May 25 for 6 weeks. Individual must work approximately 5-10 hours a week, increasing to 10 hours as May 25 approaching. Must be available to work 10 hours on May 24. This is virtual position, but must be present and available the day of the Gala, May 24.
Description of Event:
America’s Future Foundation’s Gala is a fun night of dancing, drinking and visiting with young libertarian and conservative professionals in Washington DC. The feel of the event is elegant, yet fun and creative. Taking place at the Nationals Stadium this year, we are expecting 375-450 attendees. This role will provide key support to ensure a successful event.
Position Responsibilities Include:
• Brainstorming fun ideas, creating, and implementing a plan for the Gala.
• Researching vendors and supplies to find the most affordable prices.
• Helping with sponsor, vendor, and attendee communications leading up to the event.
• Helping solicit sponsorships from individuals and organizations through email.
• Handling data management: Inputting sponsor and attendee information into internal documents and Eventbrite.
• Executing onsite help during the event, including but not limited to: Set up and break down, troubleshooting issues, greeting and directing vendors and sponsors, double checking supplies and materials, etc.
• Join after-action call to follow up with the gala the day after the event.
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
• Excellent organization skills and attention to details
• Able to manage different tasks at once
• Have great communication with staff and attendees
• Event planning experience preferred
• Eventbrite knowledge is a plus
• Able to respond to emails and calls during the day, but majority of work can be done after hours