The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a skilled writer and administrator to manage and enhance the Foundation’s grant program. The position works with TPPF staff to manage a $4 million portfolio of funding from a diverse group of charitable foundations. The position is also responsible for seeking new funding from charitable foundations and is a key part of TPPF’s overall fundraising program. The position works with all TPPF staff to compile top-quality grant reports and applications for funding, and cultivates relationships with supporting foundations.
The ideal candidate will be someone with acute attention to detail, exceptional organization and administrative experience, excellent project management ability, and superior writing and editing skills. Candidate must be able to manage multiple stakeholders to meet numerous deadlines concurrently, and must ensure details are not overlooked while simultaneously thinking about the big picture. This position offers unique long-term growth opportunities as the Foundation’s funding program expands.
The Grant Manger’s responsibilities will include:
• Manage all deadlines related to TPPF’s grants program, including tracking of grant deliverables, reports, and renewal applications, for a large portfolio of grants.
• Prepare high-quality grant reports and proposals and meet all deadlines for submission.
• Cultivate relationships with donating foundations through personal meetings, updates, and phone calls.
• Prospect funding from new foundations through intensive research, submission of letters of interest, phone calls, and other strategies.
• Assist with writing high-quality content for the TPPF fundraising program beyond the grants program, including donor thank you letters, newsletters, solicitations, event invitations, emails, and other projects as assigned.
• Copy-edit written communications for the fundraising program.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Excellent command of the English language, superior writing and editing ability
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Good organization skills and a strong attention to detail
• Cheerful and professional demeanor and high level of customer service
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to focus on priorities demonstrating flexibility when needed
• Experience using Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Self-starter with the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
• Trustworthiness, discretion, and confidentiality
• A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise
• Grant writing experience is helpful, but not required
• A Bachelor's Degree
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. Please send cover letter, résumé, salary requirement, writing samples, and references to:
Greg Sindelar, Chief Operating Officer
recruiting at texaspolicy.com
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.