The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) and the Mercatus Center at George Mason University seek a full-time IT Project Manager to join our dynamic, highly visible IT team.
• Actively managing the projects assigned with the goal to drive them to successful completion on time and within budget.
• Working directly with non-technical end users and assisting them with the implementation and recommendations for multiple IT projects.
• Communicating progress with the user by providing the user with regular status updates through the IT project management system until the project is completed to the user’s satisfaction.
• Managing five to ten projects at one time.
• Proactively working with the program team to identify ways technology can help them achieve their goals.
• Two to four years of experience managing IT projects.
• Strong commitment to economic freedom and an appreciation for the mission of the Mercatus Center and IHS.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and database structure.
• Organized and deadline driven.
• Working knowledge of web content management systems is a plus.
• Working knowledge of HTML, jQuery, PHP, or other web technologies is a plus.
Help us grow:
• Please submit your resume and a 350-word paragraph that tells us why you are a fit for this role at our organizations through our online application process.
• Flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth.
• Health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health insurance premium and tax-free reimbursement of all deductible expenses, and paying 100% of the dental insurance premium).
• Flexible Spending Accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings program.
• One free course per semester at George Mason University (GMU).
About the Institute for Humane Studies:
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization based at George Mason University that promotes the study of economic and individual freedom across a broad range of academic disciplines. IHS is located in Arlington, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C., at the Virginia Square metro stop (on the Orange Line).
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University:
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to generate knowledge and understanding of the institutions that affect the freedom to prosper and to find sustainable solutions that overcome the barriers preventing individuals from living free, prosperous, and peaceful lives. Founded in 1980, the Mercatus Center is located on George Mason University’s Arlington campus.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation