Posted Nov 29
Responsibilities and duties include:
The Managing Attorney is a strategic and innovative litigator with significant trial level experience. The Managing Attorney is primarily responsible for his own caseload, litigating cases from the filing of a complaint to the argument or trial. Additionally, the Managing Attorney assists the Chief Legal Officer in supervising and mentoring staff attorneys. Responsibilities also include developing new cases, extensive factual and legal research, discovery, motion practice, and appellate advocacy.
The managing attorney reports to the Chief Legal Officer.
• 10+ years of experience
• Significant litigation experience to include discovery, briefs, motion practice, evidentiary hearings, court appearances, and appellate work.
• Experience in state and federal courts
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Desire to learn about different areas of the law.
• Licensed to practice law in Colorado or eligible to waive into the Colorado bar
• A team leader and mentor. The Managing Attorney must be able to assist in leading a team of junior attorneys in complex litigation matters, overseeing their activity, and developing their skills through the litigation process.
• Passion for MSLF’s mission: a deep interest in protecting the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, individual liberty, and the free enterprise system
Salary range: Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health and dental benefits, vacation and sick days, a retirement plan, plus more.