Stand Together unleashes the power of community to solve our country’s toughest problems and help people improve their lives. We identify, support, and celebrate community-based organizations applying effective solutions to the driving causes of poverty. Through targeted programming, training, and organizational development we provide the resources and tools necessary for these catalysts for social change to grow, scale, and replicate their impact across the country.
Stand Together is seeking a Managing Director, Engagements to lead a team of experienced professionals responsible for developing and implementing strategies that help our innovative nonprofit partners build healthy cultures, improve operational excellence, and increase organizational capacity through the application of Market-Based Management ® and economic thinking tools pioneered by Koch Industries. Through humble coaching and advisory services, the engagement team works with transformative community-based programs to deploy strategies that empower organizations to overcome their barriers to growth so that they can scale their effective programs and models allowing them to impact more lives.
The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated experience leading a client-oriented team that manages complex and evolving long-term projects. The Managing Director, Engagements will drive the methodology and approach and professionalization of our human capital services that support our long-term venture philanthropy grant portfolio. Through collaboration with the partnerships team the Managing Director, Engagements will oversee the design of engagement strategies and workstreams that support our overall investment objective and will work collaboratively with external stakeholders including partners, donors, and thought leaders. As a team lead, this individual is responsible for managing, mentoring, and coaching the team responsible for this work.
The Managing Director, Engagements will have the opportunity to learn about and draw upon the principles of Market-Based Management® and Principled EntrepreneurshipTM to build tools that aid success. The Market-Based Management philosophy creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards employees for the value they create. We expect this individual to both model and share these principles internally and with our partners
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and oversee the organization’s engagement vision and strategy for the engagement team and venture partners
• Identify tasks, assign and coordinate resources, and create and track project schedules while mentoring and growing a strong team of leaders
• Analyze partner’s vision and strategy from top-down and bottom-up perspectives and identify core and enabling functions and capabilities
• Work with internal teams, stakeholders, and vendors to design, develop, and deliver engagement strategies and program plans to identify gaps and implement solutions
• Lead the delivery and management of venture partner engagements
• Actively represent our culture by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning, personal and professional development, and team building
• Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles that inform Stand Together’s work
• 7-10 years’ experience leading consulting services including the development of strategies, implementing, integrating, and managing complex projects
• Strong business acumen across a variety of industries and business functions
• Recognized as valued trusted advisor in relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors, and other industry professionals
• Demonstrated project management experience – project planning, execution, issue/risk management and resource management/allocation
• Genuine passion and interest in the development of leaders and their organizations
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• Skill in building relationships and relating to external audiences
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
Diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps our drive success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation