You understand the power of building relationships with media and the need to match the right audience, platform, and language at the right time.
Perfectly attuned with the media, you seamlessly identify the most relevant information for your team to make strategic decisions. Organized, confident, and highly adaptable, you are known for your sense of urgency and quick-witted thinking. No task is too small – or too big. You are a challenge-seeking individual eager to make an impact with your diverse skillset.
Here’s the good news. Our team is where you will be able to kick your impact up a notch.
We are seeking a proactive and dedicated media relations assistant to help broaden our reach and impact. You would work directly with the communications team to provide the most up-to-date news clips and ensure a proper ebb and flow of daily activities so this team can keep humming at a high frequency.
Your duties and responsibilities may include:
• Provide direct administrative support for two communications directors
• Schedule and coordinate activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and team activities
• Track media placements, create reports on key words and compose daily clips
• Manage vendor relationships
• Provide project support to other members of the communications and marketing team
• Keep media website updated
• Review and submit press-releases
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the organization:
• 2-5 years of administrative or professional work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• High level of initiative, ability to anticipate needs and quickly adapt to changing circumstances
• Strong multitasking-skills and attention to detail
• Superior professionalism and ability to work well with all levels of staff
• Articulate and concise oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook (or another email management system), and PowerPoint
• Experience or strong interest in Communications/Marketing
• Excitement for the ideas of a free society
Standout candidates will bring:
• SharePoint and Salesforce experience
• Experience using Concur or Egencia
• Experience in Public Relations or Media Relations
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation