Breaking News–we interrupt your job search to bring you your next career opportunity!
You have an eye for what’s newsworthy and act with the perfect balance of timing and urgency. Quick on your feet. Proactive and persistent. Your determination to succeed and passion for your work earns you credibility with your team and with partners. This positions you to drive key media relations recommendations.
Sound familiar? If so, apply to join our media relations team and you’ll contribute to the national media placement strategy of our organization’s top priorities. You’ll be part of the team raising awareness for new perspectives and ideas that help people accomplish great things for themselves and others.
Your responsibilities include:
• Proactively identify media outlets and reporters to pitch news stories to for media coverage
• Build and maintain targeted lists of key influential media professionals interested in any or all of the Charles Koch Institute’s critical issue areas
• Actively track and document all media submissions, placements, mentions, and established media relationships
• Help create, maintain, and disseminate press materials for Charles Koch Institute events
• Edit press releases, pitch letters, letters to the editor, op-ed pieces, or other press materials as needed
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
• Bachelor’s Degree and one to three years of communications or media relations experience
• A general understanding of Charles Koch Institute’s priority issue areas and overall mission
• Skilled at pitching to the media, with a proven track record of media placements
• Ability to efficiently collaborate with multiple individuals and teams across the organizational spectrum
• Ability to think strategically about promoting the priority issues and mission
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and project
Standout applicants may also bring:
• Existing contacts with media professionals at the state and local level, national contacts a plus
• Knowledge of and experience with media monitoring software (TV Eyes/Cision)
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and the Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free and open society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and mutual benefit. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation