You believe in transformative work – the ability to make a lasting change in criminal justice reform. Most significantly, you understand the power of unique connections, and how they can enable lasting effects in society. If this sounds like you, this is an exciting and meaningful opportunity to grow and expand your skills.
The number of people incarcerated in the United States is staggering – growing over five hundred percent over the last forty years. Even worse? Over ninety percent of these individuals will leave prison and face legal barriers creating a lifetime challenge of reintegrating into their communities as productive citizens. At the Charles Koch Institute, we are working to change the status quo. We believe in second chances – an ability to recourse one’s life for the advancement of society. By supporting reforms that build trust between police and the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect, we are working towards finding common ground and understanding – the best way to advance public safety. We believe that by removing barriers to opportunity, people can successfully re-enter society. If these words speak to your deepest beliefs and passions about people, keep reading.
Our policy and research team is looking for a dedicated and passionate strategic outreach professional to join their team in the Criminal Justice and Policing Reform issue area. The right person for this position will have experience in external relations, partnership management, or outreach. As a policy liaison, you would be responsible for developing and managing exciting, meaningful relationships with partners in the criminal justice reform space. Through these grant relationships and partnerships, you will have the ability to forge new paths and connections to transform current justice practices. Along the way, you will work alongside accomplished and passionate experts in this field – an unmatched opportunity. Better yet – you will be working to make a life-changing impact on the lives of individuals every single day. Sound like a mission you want to join? Apply today.
Your responsibilities include:
• Work with partner organizations to develop and maintain relationships
• Develop a strategy for CKI presence at conferences and other events related to criminal justice reform, recommend opportunities for leveraging internal subject matter experts, public policy discussions, and other impactful interactions at external events
• Manage a robust portfolio of grantees including cultivation of new and existing partnerships, driving forward recommendations for opportunities, managing the relationship throughout a grant, and ensuring opportunities meet their stated outcomes
• Manage coalition activity in order to identify and advance opportunities for meaningful collaboration with external allies
• Work closely with internal teams to develop and execute strategies to promote the scholarly work supported by the Institute and partners
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
• 3+ years of professional experience managing relationships in an outreach or external relations role
• Bachelor’s degree
• Requires travel, potentially around 40%
• Strong interest in criminal justice reform
• High sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Confident oral communicator with superior interpersonal skills
• A formidable attention to detail and a high level of discretion
• Proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams
Standout applicants may also bring:
• Criminal justice reform work experience
• Experience in a grant-making environment driving relationships
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute is an educational organization focused on the importance of free societies and how they increase wellbeing for the overwhelming majority of people. Through the Institute’s professional education, research, and training programs, we work to prepare professionals for careers that improve well-being by advancing free societies.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation