Our world has been transformed by the instant availability of information. We’re inundated by the 24-hour news cycle, opinions from a variety of sources and original content that isn’t always reliable or even based in fact. If you’re passionate about freedom of the press and the critical role the media plays in holding society’s leaders accountable, this is your opportunity to contribute.
You believe that a marketplace of ideas and fair and honest storytelling is the most effective way to communicate ideas. You believe freedom of speech and expression are essential for individual flourishing and a truly free society. You understand how a free press ensures that we have the information we need to hold our government and other institutions accountable, and you believe the media provides a forum for new ideas to emerge. You’re excited about how the arts challenge settled ideas and engage us in deep and meaningful ways. Most importantly, you want to connect the next generation of media leaders to these ideas in a meaningful way.
If this resonates with your passions, join us.
Our media and journalism fellowship program gives media professionals the opportunity to engage with compelling content and instructors to further develop their understanding of free societies and to grow professionally. Our education team needs an experienced media professional like you to share your experience and passion with a motivated class of early-career professionals. As a program manager, you’ll drive and measure the program’s overall success and make recommendations for improvement. You’ll use your knowledge of the media space to develop and execute curriculum, and your media experience will enable you to build meaningful relationships with potential partners. A collaborative professional, you’ll work with stakeholders across the organization to ensure program objectives align with our overall vision of advancing a free and open society.
Your responsibilities include:
• Manage day-to-day coordination and execution of the media and journalism program, including scheduling faculty and guest speakers, and serving as the main point of contact for program participants
• Collaborate and coordinate with the events team and other stakeholders to execute in-person summit events with each program iteration
• Utilize knowledge of the media space to develop and execute curriculum as faculty for the media and journalism program
• Assist with prospecting new partner organizations for the program
Required knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
• 5+ years of professional experience in media, including working for a media outlet or other content company
• Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful relationships with contacts in the media industry
• Experience in writing, video production, or social media
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
• Entrepreneurial spirit and deep interest in creating innovative programming
• Deep understanding of and passion for the ideas of free societies
Standout applicants may also bring:
• Degree in journalism or graduate study in film/video production, writing, communications, or other related fields
• Supervisory experience
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on America's Future Foundation