Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks a Staff Attorney for immediate hire. MSLF is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system. Key to our work is the legal staff that advances our mission and principles in courts within the Mountain States and throughout the nation. We are a small team of dedicated professionals. As such, our attorneys are a critical part of MSLF’s team and should possess the passion, commitment, and strategic vision needed to drive our mission to new heights.
Responsibilities and duties include:
Staff attorneys must have practical experience developing a case from the ground up, and know how to think through the strategy of bringing a case to trial. Each Staff Attorney is responsible for his own caseload and litigates those cases from filing the complaint to argument or trial. Responsibilities include developing and managing cases, extensive factual and legal research and writing, discovery, motion practice, and appellate advocacy.
Staff Attorneys work under the supervision of the Managing Attorney and the Chief Legal Officer.
• 6+ years of legal practice experience
• Litigation experience to include drafting pleadings, discovery, motion practice, evidentiary hearings, court appearances, and appellate work. Must be able to assist in leading a team of attorneys in complex litigation matters.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Desire to learn about different areas of the law.
• Licensed to practice law in Colorado or eligible to waive into the Colorado bar
• An enthusiastic team player
• Passion for MSLF’s mission: a deep interest in protecting the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, individual liberty, and the free enterprise system
Salary range: Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health and dental benefits, vacation and sick days, a retirement plan, plus more.
How To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
• Cover letter detailing:
• your salary requirements
• why you are interested in the position, MSLF’s mission, and how your experience and background will ensure success
• your interest in relocating to Denver metro area
• Writing sample (preferably a brief)
• References are appreciated but not required
Please include “Attorney, MSLF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Lauren Skiver with Talent Market, who is assisting with the search:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.