The IJ Baltimore office is currently working to vindicate the economic liberty and private property of Baltimoreans. To do so, we litigate cutting-edge constitutional cases to defend these rights, as well as partner with residents and small-business owners to advance these rights through grassroots activism and legislative reform. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to IJ’s mission and the principles of free markets, limited government, and individual rights.
Who Should Apply: Undergraduates from various majors who are passionate about liberty and seek to gain more knowledge about a working for a public interest law firm.
Duties include but are not limited to: conducting research to support current and potential litigation, helping with data gathering for our current litigation and groundbreaking strategic research reports, assisting the activism department to investigate government abuse and to mobilize activists, assisting with outreach events and speaking engagements, and working with our paralegal team by organizing library materials.
• Efficiency and persistence; ability to take ownership of projects and manage diverse tasks independently
• Creativity, problem-solving skills, strong sense of initiative
• Comfort with and interest in working with diverse communities
• Passion for entrepreneurship and community development
• Strong communications, interpersonal, organizational, writing, and proofing skills
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, social media, contact management software, and website management, and community outreach are a plus
To apply, please use the link below to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We hire on a rolling basis and will accept applications through March 26, 2018. We are asking that the IJ Baltimore Summer interns work 20 to 30 hours a week over the course of 10 weeks in our Baltimore City Office.